Cora Pots (°1990) studied Language- and Culture studies at Utrecht University, with a major in linguistics and modern literature (2010-2013). She continued her studies with the Research Master Linguistics, also at Utrecht University (UiL-OTS), focusing on syntax and (syntactic) language variation (2013-2015). Cora finished and defended her PhD entitled Roots in progress. Semi-lexicality in the Dutch and Afrikaans verbal domain in February 2020. Currently, she is working as a postdoctoral researcher on cross-categorial scalarity markers.
- Syntactic variation
- Verb clusters
- (Morpho-)syntactic variation in Dutch dialects
- The clausal left periphery
- Subject/object asymmetries
- The syntax/semantics interface
- Methodology/statistics in linguistic research